The ninth annual Global Farmer Roundtable hosted by the Truth About Trade & Technology Foundation held October 14-15 proved to be another fantastic event. There was engaging dialogue and experiences shared by the 16 participants from around the world who traveled to Des Moines, Iowa. Dr. Nicholas Kalaitzandonakes, the MSMC Endowed Professor of Agribusiness Strategy and the Director of the Economics and Management of Agrobiotechnology Center (EMAC) at the University of Missouri, moderated this year.
The 2014 Global Farmer Roundtable participants and new members of the Global Farmer Network:
- Argentina – Mr. Martin Pasman
- Australia – Ms. Kelly Pearce
- Brazil – Mr. Luiz Roberto Saldanha Rodrigues
- Canada – Mr. Steven Larocque
- China – Mr. Zhenghong Li
- France – Ms. Sarah Singla
- Ghana – Mr. Adotei Brown
- India – Mr. Jayapal Reddy Solleti
- India – Mr. Gurjeet Singh Mann
- Indonesia – Mr. William El Bulo
- New Zealand – Mr. Craige Mackenzie
- United Kingdom – Mr. Ian Pigott
- United Kingdom – Mr. Paul Temple
- United States, New Mexico – Mr. Tsosie Lewis
- Vietnam – Mr. Liem Quoc Pham
- Zimbabwe – Ms. Nyasha Mudukuti
It was a busy week full of activity again this year. It included visits to Kemin in Des Moines, the Couser Cattle Company near Nevada, and 2013 World Food Prize Laureate Dr. Robb Fraley dropped by and did some Q&A with the group during the Roundtable itself.
Read commentaries written by members of the Global Farmer Network in the Guest Commentary section of the website. If you need a speaker for a panel or event, check out the Speakers Bureau webpage.