The farmers selected for the 2021 Global Farmer Network Roundtable and Leadership Training are meeting in person in Brussels, Belgium October 25-30, 2021. Along with training, the group participates in a roundtable discussion, daily, about the issues they face collectively.
This cohort begun their training with weekly online training sessions programmed by the Cornell Alliance for Science team. They are farmers from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Germany, India, Kenya, Liberia, Mexico, Netherlands, Poland, Rwanda, United States, and Zimbabwe.
These farmers were selected from over 225 nominations:
- Argentina: Jorge Bianciotto
- Brazil: Andre Dobashi
- Brazil: Charles Peeters
- Canada: Jacob ‘Jack’ Froese
- Canada: Kristjan Hebert
- Germany: Marcus Holtkoetter
- India: Prakash Bapurao Puppalwar
- Kenya: Felix Kili
- Liberia: Semeh Roberts
- Mexico: Guillermo BretÃ³n
- Netherlands: Ad van Velde
- Poland: Mateusz Ciasnocha
- Rwanda: Pacifique Nshimiyimana
- United States: Tim Durham
Also attending from Zimbabwe: Ruramiso Mashumba, the Global Farmer Network 2020 Kleckner Award winner.