Eighteen farmers are the newest members of the Global Farmer Network following the conclusion of the June 12-18, 2022 Global Farmer Network Roundtable and Communication Training program. The in-person portion of the program was held in Frankfurt, Germany. Along with communication training, the group held roundtable discussions which focused on todayâ€™s agriculture issues.
Virtual sessions were held prior to, and will be held after, the meeting in Frankfurt. The online and the in-person training is led by farmers in the Global Farmer Network.
These farmers were selected from over 250 nominations:
- Argentina: Maria Virginia Solis Wahinsh
- Australia: Jake Ryan
- Brazil: Vicente Bissoni Neto
- Brazil: Abilio Rodrigues Pacheco
- Germany: Jana GÃ¤bert
- Germany: Philipp Schilling
- India: Ganesh Nanote
- Kenya: Okisegere Ojepat
- Nepal: Bhola Nath Khatiwada
- Netherlands: Judith de Vor
- Philippines: David Danio
- Poland: Tomasz Jakiel
- United Kingdom: Alexander Borthwick
- United Kingdom/Scotland: Jim Wilson
- United States: Bill Couser
- Uruguay: Mathias Nario
- West Africa/Argentina: Jorge Lopez Menendez
Also attending from the Global Farmer Network:Â Gabriel Carballal, Uruguay a Global Farmer Network 2021 Kleckner Global Farm Leader Award recipient, who also led portions of the training.