What You Need to Know
Agricultural technology may be the most revolutionary and impactful area of modern technology, driven by the fundamental need for to produce enough nutritional food to nourish a growing global population. The technology covers everything from powered machinery that does work formerly preformed my people and animals to enhanced seed technologies to agrochemicals that support crop growth and protect plants from destructive weeds and insects.
The challenge of climate change and increased need to better protect and manage our natural resources is driving research and development in agriculture technologies that allow farmers to more efficiently utilize resources like water and nutrients, build soil health through precision agronomic systems, enhanced seeds that will produce crops that positively impact human health as well as animal husbandry breeding and practices that will safely and humanely increase the output of meat and protein products like milk and eggs.
- Growing Demand For Food, Fuel Drives Global Agricultural Biotechnology Market – ISAAA
- This New Canadian Apple Is Genetically Modified So Bruises Don’t Show – National Post
- Could Genetically Engineered Mosquitoes Fight Vector-borne Diseases Like Dengue And Zika? – Genetic Literacy Project
- After Early Struggles, ‘biopharming’ Poised To Make Big Impact On Medicine – Genetic Literacy Project
- How To Evaluate GMO Feeding Studies – Genetic Literacy Project